Monday, November 13, 2006

... Obedience ...

"The flesh is impatient in all delay, both in decision and action; therefore all carnal choices are immature and premature, and all carnal courses are mistaken and unspiritual. God is often moved to delay that we may be moved to pray, and even the answers to prayer are deffered that the natural and carnal spirit may be kept in check and self-will may bow before the will of God."-George Muller
"The workman of God needs to wait on Him to know the work he is to do and the area where he is to serve Him."
"...the safe guide in every crisis is believing prayer in connection with the Word of God; and that continued uncertainty as to ones course is a reason for continued waiting."
"conviction compelled action for in him there was no spirit of compromise"
"For every defect in our service there is a cause, and the one all sufficient remedy is the throne of grace, where in every time of need we may boldly come to find grace and help!"
2 Tim 2:15 "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth."
I am constantly and consistantly being encouraged by the life of George Muller. I can only pray to follow in the foot steps of such a man of faith as i seek the Lord following the example of Christ as he did.
Because of our culture and selfish, impatient hearts a lot of us struggle with waiting.
God keeps telling me to share this so, here you go...
Journal Entry:
10Nov06
These quotes by George Muller hit it home for me. So often i struggle with waiting. With wanting to know and plan for my future. This first quote above is similar to my struggle. So often i make quick desicions. I dont wait on God and say this is what I am going to do. My planning for Peru last year, my first summer at snowbird, my entire previous relationship. God says no... You're not ready, be patient, seek my face, grow in the knowledge of My truths and promises. Yesterday i ended up at the Xtreme team website viewing the missionaries and the work going on down there. I desire so badly to be a part if it, but God decided I wasn't ready last year, and now I agree. I am blessed to have the freedom in Christ to serve God as a single woman. God has graced me with a clear mind and focused heart in that area. As i read George Mullers autobiography in so many ways we have a similar story. Both sinners, saved by grace, dying to the sin of minipulation and leaving one we chose to love in the passion and desire of our flesh. He left his "love" for Christ as have I, and I can only pray that He blesses me as He blessed George Muller. He sent Muller a spouse with the same self sacrificing mentality, the same passion for Christ and Godliness. They were like minded, true servants, true partners. They were one. I desire to experience that passion as a bride of Christ. I want to be completely consumed with Christ that nothing matters...my hopes, dreams and passions become that of Christ. Muller is such an inspiration. He consumed himself with Christ to the point where he wouldnt make a single decision without Him. I jump on the opportunity to do something new. I always want change, adventure, I want to LIVE, to live life abundantly, but sometimes i mix the abundant life with the hard, adventurous life of suffering for Christ, not the daily abundant life in which i pursue holiness and grow in love, patience and diligence. Where people see the gentle Spirit of Christ in me and are drawn to his character. I see at times when i allow myself to become distracted, selfish. Focusing on what God is going to use me for (not for the glorification of others, but for my own "self fulfillment")... assuming it is something huge! Something spectacular. Using me to bring people to know the Lord in the jungles of the Amazon or in the mountain tops of the Andes in the peoples heart language. Who am I that God would even use me?!? I have to have an attitude of self-denial. Deny myself all things of the flesh so that Christ can use me to the fullest. I need to be patient and wait on the Lord, allow Him to open doors instead of minipulating situations so that i pry the doors open. This step in faith to Honduras was the first time I did not orchastrate anything. God provided everything and sent me as He willed. And it has been the most amazing time of growth and insight into the heart of God. It is the first time I have ever been able to follow through with something because it wasn't me tearing my way through, but God clearly paving a narrow, straight path for His work to be done. Praise God! It is my prayer that God would give me the strength, teach me to persevere, teach me to consume my mind, heart and spirit with His character and nature. My biggest battle is in my mind. I constantly wrestle with my decietful heart. A godly man i respect and look up to once said to me, "Racheal, I want to see you wearing alpaca fur in the mountains of Peru telling those people about Jesus whether you are single or married." If thats what God has called you to than do it." He is 100% right. I know myself and several other woman who desire to be missionaries struggle with going on the field as a single woman, but to wait on a man to be sent out to your field and work along side you is unscriptural and therefore wrong! I don't know if God will take me to the Amazon, but i pray that i would have a patient, persevering heart. And that I would continue to have opportunities to share Christ with the people here, and where ever i go! Whether its family members or people in Graceville. Whether its children in Honduras or the people at the end of the earth, that i would always proclaim the saving power of Jesus Christ!
Be encouraged!

0 comments:

Post a Comment