Wednesday, December 6, 2006

¿Quien Vive? ¡Cristo!…

Elder: "Who lives?"
Congregation: "Christ!"
E: "What is His name?"
C: Glory!"
E: "Where is His town?"
C: "In Victory!"
Those words shouted in the church in Pesillo every Sunday multiple times throughout the service (in Spanish, of course).

The books: (essentials for the skimmers)
Over 60 (out of 150) people were removed from this mailing list when they didn't reply! After being notified around 20 have repented (some with good excuses) and have been welcomed back to the fold.
Adam Vinson, former SWO staff, and i (in my spare time) are creating a SWO-based mission board called TEOTE Missions. Teote.com has been updated.
I went to a futbol game, lost my car again when one of our missionaries got out of jail, got sick for a morning (morning sickness?), the knee is good, and wrote a blog entry about my trip to one of the coolest churches on God's green earth.
I'm in Guayaquil, Ecuador for a few days.
Prayer requests are below.

The sandbags: (extras for the non-skimmers)
Dear Bride of Christ,I was hoping to give yall an idea of how big the city of Quito is. The population is 2.3 million. That's a little better than 1/4 of the state of North Carolina. In other words, it's a big town.Russ Bare, an IMB missionary here, was parked in traffic when another driver wrecked into him the night of Thanksgiving. Even though it wasn't his fault, the law here says that if you are involved in an accident and people are injured and you aren't, you go to jail. So he spent a full week in jail (where your only source of food is family/friend visits) while the police sorted it all out during election week. He got out and need a car, so mine went to his family while his is being repaired.That put me riding the bus to the Pesillo church which made me car sick and forced me to end a fast i'd been working on. Nevertheless, i'm back to 100% and glad to be eating.Many of you have been asking about my physical health. My foot (which had surgery in summer '05) is doing great. Sometimes it aches but so does the rest of me. -Nothing to fret over. The knee (which had surgery recently) is having no problems, whatsoever. I can't even tell anything was wrong with it. I've been forced to run on it a couple times (Remember the futbol blog entry?) and it's done excellent. My shoulder (which had surgery a couple years ago) is constantly hurting. Bone spurs? I covet your prayers on the shoulder.I'm currently in Guayaquil, the largest city in Ecuador, for a few days doing God knows what (I don't mean that in a Lords-name-in-vain way, but in a Lord-hasn't-told-corey-what-is-going-on way.)! I'm going to try to advertise for Xtreme Team and do some people group research while in town. The 11-hour bus ride yesterday was... the only way an 11-hour bus ride can be: grueling. I got to sit beside Jorge, who claimed to be a Christian. During several good conversations i encouraged him to not have 2 girlfriends.

PrayeRequests:
We are talking to Edgar about being baptized, which he's interested in having done. He was not so interested in inviting his family and friends which are Catholic. There is a lot of friction between Evangelicals and Catholics in Latin America and it'd be showing them publicly that he was no longer one of them. Pray for his courage and boldness to share the Gospel with others, including his loved ones.
TEOTE Missions (The Ends of the Earth Mission, briefly known as SMOi, Snowbird Missions Outreach International)... Pray that God would guide it.
Pray God would work through me, not inspite of me. Pray that He would glorify Himself in my life.

Love yall, siblings!
†il the whole world hears,
corey reid pendergrass

0 comments:

Post a Comment