Monday, December 18, 2006

!!ETADPU SAMTSIRHC

The chicken sandwich: (essentials for the skimmers)
Edgar got baptized and Jesus saved 2 others!
Survived Guayaquil last week
I'm house sitting for the next 3 weeks
Entertained kids in Cuchupamba one day
Had a Christmas fancy shindig with pastors from the region.
My Peru date got moved up to January 17!
Teote.com has been updated (New newsletter and James' profile).
Bobby Lane (my best friend and missionary in Peru) is engaged to Maridith Wade!
Prayer requests are below.

The soggy pickles: (extras for the non-skimmers)
Dear Familia en Cristo,The trip to Guayaquil was a dandy. I was able to meet with a few powers-that-be, including the president of the Ecuadorian Baptist Convention, and promoted the Xtreme Team. It sounds like they were very interested in involving Ecuadorians my age in this mission. Praise God!I found out Sunday afternoon that Edgar, who i led to Christ a few weeks ago, was baptized that morning at my house! I missed it! Ignacio, who has been discipling Edgar as well did the honors. I was in Pesillo for the weekend, but it was worth the missed baptism for i was able to help lead Rosa (Roh-sah), a woman who lives there, to Christ! Also, Cesar (Say-sar), a guy Jose and i led to the Lord a couple weeks ago, is showing signs of a hunger to learn and be discipled. Praise the Lord!The Cargile missionary-family has left Quito to visit their relatives in Texas, bequeathing me their 3 bedroom apartment to house sit for 3 weeks. Coco, the puppy, and i have the place all to ourselves.My boss in Peru, Jeremy, moved my date up to January 17 to leave to go to the Xtreme Team! This is very exciting. Yes, worriers, i will still be patiently waiting until February before punishing my knee.

PrayeRequests:
Pray these baby Christians would become disciples bent on reaching telling everyone about their Savior!
TEOTE Missions... Pray that God would continue to guide it.
Pray that He would glorify Himself in my life.

Happy Kwanzza!
†il the whole world hears,
corey reid pendergrass

0 comments:

Post a Comment