Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Annointed

Last weekend was fabulous (Can straight men use that word?). What a joy it is to know Christ and be His Bride!

First, i want to sincerely thank those of you who sponsored me in the bike race. R.W. pulled me 18 miles on his bike as i rode in a kiddie trailer behind him. It was a site! So funny.

Sunday night was so cool. Of course, we ate about a million lbs. of food. More importantly, God met us there. I got to address the guests, announcing that i didn't want the focus to be on me, like a way-to-go-corey-the-missionary party. You know? I told them it was a celebration of being in the will of God, and that's for everyone who is in His will. The Lord's Supper was served. I asked everyone not to line up and receive the elements, but to get by themselves sometime in the next 30 min. and seek Him and confess any sin that needed cleaning out prior to taking the Supper.

A little bit later, my grandfather, Papa Jack, called everyone to atention and he adminstrated annointing my head with oil with the aid of my dad and two uncles. It was such a cool picture of God's hand on our family. I know the oil has no intresic healing power, but it is symbolic, much like baptism, of our family trusting in God for my healing: physical, mental, and spiritual.

Now i am ready for this mission. I am annointed for this calling. God be praised!

Who can know the ins and outs of His character? Who can fathom the depth of His grace? Who's heart does He not see fully and He still loves them infinate? Who can say, "God doesn't know me. He hasn't suffered as I have."? God is good!

He has every treasure and knows every thought in all of existence throughout time, yet He still desires a relationship with us and to possess our hearts. He know every deed and thought i have ever made, yet still loves me in spite of it all. Who is He? My Master, Savior, Husband, and God! Be glorified, Lord!

0 comments:

Post a Comment