Thursday, October 12, 2006

Quito or Bust

Dear fellow heirs with Christ,
I have a date! No, not a candidate for Mrs. Pendergrass. Rather, a date for my departure from my homeland. Yes, i'm going to Quito, Ecuador on the 25th of October @ 7am, less than 2 weeks away.
The ole knee continues to heal through therapy, and i'm really seeing vast improvements week-to-week. Some of you probably have questions as to why the decision was made to leave so soon. Even though my surgion preferred i would stay unitl December, 4 other doctors approved me to leave by the October 20th. My recovery will continue in Quito as i have a doctor's appointment on the 27th. The work load will be physically light in Ecuador as i'll be doing office work and driving to various communities most of the time.
PrayeRequests:

  • Opportunities to share the Gospel during my travels. I'll have a 6 hour layover in Miami, so that'll be some good conversations, Lord willing.
  • Continued healing on my knee. You're prayers are working wonderfully already. No need to stop now.
  • The lost in Ecuador need Jesus. As i mentioned before, i'll mostly be working with Quichua people. Pray for them, as many have never heard the Gospel.
  • Opportunities to share the Gospel with drivers this weekend. Lena, my sister, and i will be hitchhiking through the NC mountains, visiting friends, and enjoying God's paintings on the leaves of fall. Hitchhiking has proved to be a wonderful avenue for the Gospel in the past for me, so good conversations are sure to ensue.

Love yall,
†il the whole world hears,
corey reid pendergrass

0 comments:

Post a Comment