Friday, September 1, 2006

AHHHHHH!!!!!

GOD IS AMAZING!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! I LOVE THESE KIDS! I LOVE THIS MINISTRY! I am blown away. EVery day is an incredible experience that draws me closer to the Lord and opens up an opportunity for Christ to be seen in my life. I'll try to update you on the majority of things going on. It was discovered Saturday that i could play the drums and Sunday I was on stage playing. I am amazed at how many doors have been opened. Monday, Amber and I put on a play for the younger kids in Dilicias yard (one of the yards the kids play in... Dilcia is in charge there thus it is her yard...lol.) It was so funny. My Spanish isnt well wnough to tell an entire story correctly so Amber spoke and I acted out. Praise God for the hock of Ham he created me with eh? We were telling the story of the lost sheep. We picked five of the girls to be sheep, and put goofy masks we made on their faces and I played Jesus and a shepard as Amber Narrarated. Oh it was so fun and animated. The kids enjoyed it and they picked up on the moral of the story quite quickly... I was highly impressed. Well, Monday and Tuesday Mariam, Tammy and I are teaching the Special needs kids and Wednesday and thursay we teach the toddlers. We decided to start with our senses. This past week we taught them about their cinco sentidos and used application for better understanding. We had them taste some of the sweetest to some of the grosses things. It was quite amuzing. Things from Coffe to lemon juice, chile sauce, pina, flour, pepper, salt, sugar, jelly, etc... it was so fun and both group understood quite well. Today when we took the toddlers to the field we took along some kites and had them "experience" the power of the wind. It was so fun! They had a blast. Did i mention i love these kids? Then Yesterday, after I had finished with the toddlers, Wilmer (one of the older leaders here) made a joke that i should build the fence outside my house by the yard , so he wouldnt have to, and my response was...ok. I told him i would ber there at 10am after the toddlers. This was a huge thing.. One of the main things that has really been affecting me is that i cannot use any of my gifts that God has already cultivated in my life. Working, teaching, encouragment etc.. because of the language and culture... But this week God has been blessing me tremendously, not only revealing new gifts and attributes He desires for me, but being able to use my old ones as well. Yesterday four of the boys, Marco, Domingo, Mateo, Edwin and myself plus some help from Delmar, he left after he showed me what they were doing) built the fence. It was so great. After working with the boys I was inspired and i went on a walk in the mountains... I found the most beautiful spot. You can see all of Guimaca and the surrounding mountains. Stunning. Well any how I spotted Philipe (One of the older boys) and asked where i could get a machette. He looked at me like i was insane and interogated me for a minute...lol. After explaining i wanted to cut my grass, he laughed and led me to the carpentaria. They were out (out of 300 machettes!) and Armando told me to go to the Mechanic shop. After walking for about an hour i ended up back at the farm, where all the boys were on the hill side cutting the grass with the machettes. I love it becuase no matter where I go, when one of my boys see me they run up and give me the biggest hug of my life. I love it. As i continied up the road, Carlos (one of my younger boys) started talking to me and this huge man with a machette jumped out of the tall grass with a machette and almost made me wet my pants. lol. It was Pedro (the one with the toes) and he generously gave me his machette. Well let me just say that cutting your yard with a machette is not for the faint of heart! I cut all the bushes...which was hilarious because Tammy thought i was going to kill myself with that thing, and after cutting the grass for an hour and a half i finished a 6 foot square. Ridiculous! lol. So yesterday i went and watched the boys tequnique and today i went out side and the boys were doing it for me. Theyre so sweet. They were laughing really hard while i was attempting to cut it. On another note, Last night was the first drum lesson, and five boys showed up when only one was supposed to be there. I sent the disruptive ones away and kept 3. Armando, Carlos (older) and Allan. Armando is more than half way deaf, but has amazing rythm. The lesson lasted for about an hour and a half and i gave Allan things to practice for next week. Armando and I went to Papi, who gave me permission to start teaching him also. So we start tonight. woot woot. I am really excited. My goal is to teach them to were they can take my spot during service. So we can have all the kids on stage leading their own people. (My gol in long term missions as well) Indigenous peoples leading their own people. Amazing. Please pray for Watson, he is the boy who got his toe mawled by the tractor, we sent him back to Tegus to go to the hospitol and because they couldnt handle him they sent him back. His toe is awful, it is literally seperating, swelling, etc. When he went to the hospitol they re stitched it, but it looks worse than before. I fear that he will have to loose it. There is nothing Amber and I can do for him here. We clean it in an iodine soak like the doctor told us, but it doesnt seem to do any good what so ever. Please Please PLEASE pray for this. Mandy and I are going to Tegus on Tuesday so i can renue my visa. When i entered the country i asked for 90 days but they wouldnt give it to me, so please pray that they will give me atleast 60 days this time. It is a huge hassel to have to continuously renue it, its a long process and very expensive. (A main reson they make you renew it). Yesterday Tammy and I went to town to buy food for the staff dinner tonight and while we were in the market we noticed a boy of about 12 years old following us on a bike. Tammy had told the lady at the market we were from the orphanage and to them that means "Youre a rich american who can afford to lose what you have" He followed us forever and Tammy was getting really paranoid while situations kept running through my head..."ok if he grabs this i'll elbow him in the nose and if he grabs my back pack i'll grab his arm and throw him to the ground" But instead i decided to talk to him so he knew i knew he was there. Then he started asking me questions... i think. Tammy and I were both confused he either said i will stab you with a pencil and light you on fire or Do you have a pencil and some pop...lol. Needless to say we said no, and stop following us, and praise God he did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment