Friday, July 7, 2006

I Saw the Light!

Way back in December '05, i met Annie Bendtsen, an atheist from Demark, while volunteering at Orphanage Emmanuel in Guaymaca, Honduras. Robin Barres and i were privaledged to talk to her at length about the Lord. We've (especially Robin) kept in touch with Annie since and she decided to come work at SWO (Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters) a few weeks this summer. Robin was able to have many conversations with Annie while she was there at camp. Annie called yesterday afternoon and we talked about 30 minutes about getting saved. She still had questions, but i knew she was in good hands with Robin. Last night Annie called me at 2am to report that she had just got saved! She'd been talking with Robin since 11pm and she finally took the leap! When i got of the phone, i couldn't tell whether i was laughing or crying out of joy. I started to go back to sleep but God wouldn't let me. He said, "Sing me a song."

I reasoned with Him that someone might hear and wake up.

He insisted, "I SAID, 'SING ME A SONG!'"

"Yes, Sir," was my reply.

I gathered my iPod and some clothes and went outside in the grass playing "I Saw the Light" sung by David Crowder. I started jumping and dancing, doing the Irish jig and laughing and singing! What a time! Just me and the Lord above the dew and beneath the stars! After making my praise offering to the Lord, i returned to my quad. One of my quadmates stuck his head out of his door and said with tired features and blood shot eyes sternly, "Corey, it's 2:30." He had obviously been asleep moments before.

"Sorry. Did i wake you?" i replied.

He nodded.

"Sorry. Did you hear me singing?" i asked.

He nodded.

"My friend just called and she just got saved."

"Well that's something to praise about."

I couldn't have said it better myself! I went back in the room and laughed some more. What an eventful day! First the news about Ecuador and now a sinner set free!

0 comments:

Post a Comment