Sunday, July 16, 2006

God Is Passionate About His Own Name

First, i want to thank all of you who sent prayer requests. It has been a pleasure praying for you, my prayer partners, these past couple weeks. I want to continue to pray for you so please, send me your requests. I also want to thank yall for praying for me through this time of training. Know that God is hearing your prayers and i'm experiencing the answers to those prayers.
FPO is almost over: just 3 more days. These last couple weeks have been slow. Though i am learning many important things, i am itching to get to the field. I know it still months away, but it seems like ending FPO will bring me one step closer.

Here's my schedule for the next few months, Lord willing:
  • July 19 we will graduate and be commissioned by the IMB from FPO here in Rockville, VA. All are invited. It will begin at 2pm. (You're invited.)
  • I'll speak to the children at Cornerstone Christian Church in Advance, NC on missions on July 23.
  • July 31 i'll speak with my surgeon about what kind of surgery and when to do it.
  • July 24-29 and 31-August 5 i'll be back at Snowbird.
  • August 5-9 i'll be at Ridgecrest (near Asheville, NC) recruiting for the Xtreme Team with Steve King.
  • I will be commissioned by my home church, Mt. Vernon, in Boone on September 10, so hopefully i'll see many of you there. (You're invited.)
  • The celebration at Tanglewood is still TBA. It will probably happen in September.
  • I plan on leaving the country sometime in late September but am not sure.
PrayeRequests:
  • Please pray for Jon as he still hasn't received an official letter of invitation from the government of his country, necessary to obtain a visa. He can't go without it.
  • Please pray for Bobby as he won't have much time to travel and see his family before he leaves for Peru on August 1. Pray that this precious week would be well spent.
  • Please continue to pray for my knee. There are different types of surgery for a torn ACL and i don't know which is best for me. Pray that i'd be able to get on the field asap.
  • Please pray like Linda.
Thanks for all yall do,
†il the whole world hears,
corey reid pendergrass

0 comments:

Post a Comment