Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Este es mi primero... oh wait... yall don't speak Spanish

Dear faithful few, I'm up to my eyeballs in Spanish and loving it! I'm experimenting with audio updates, so tell me which you prefer. Written or audio? The update for last week is attached as a wav file. Since i made that file, it's been a wonderful weekend. I have a car now. I didn't take me long to get stopped by a cop, though. Friday morning, on the way to my doc appt, i got lost so i made a U-turn right in front of this tunnel that goes under a mountain. The cop stepped out in front of my vehicle, got in the passenger seat and told me to drive. We parked at a convenient spot. He explained that this was a serious offense. He went on and on about something that i didn't understand so i kept telling him it was my first time in Quito and i that i'm sorry but i didn't understand what he was saying. He finally got frustrated and left. No fines. And so, corey reid pendergrass evades the wrath of yet another traffic officer.Saturday i made some friends as a youth group of about 10-15 students came to my house to meet me. I shared a little of my heart for the lost through Eze. 37 and the vision of the dry bones. I asked them who will share Christ with the dry, dead souls walking around them everyday. The response was good. What i thought would be an hour lesson turned into a 2.5 hour discussion! Please pray for these students (photos attached). I was able to make a trip all day Sunday to the community of Pesillo where there is a small congregation about about 20 people, most of which are small children without parents (photos attached). Jose, the pastor there has a vision for the all the surrounding communities to have an evangelical church, which 3 out of about 15 do. I intend to help him make this vision a reality, Lord willing. Please pray for Jose and many others involved in this movement. Love yall, each and every one, †il the whole world hears, corey reid pendergrass

0 comments:

Post a Comment