Friday, January 11, 2008

WEll, Shoot Fire and Save the Matches!

Pursuing Him: (essentials for the skimmers)

New photos! Between Trips, 1st Training 2008, Raquel
Jeff is ministering to the Ashenikas now with his new partner, José. My new partner, Fausto, may be accompanying me to the Tigre Quichuas someday.
I'm engaged. ...I know, i know... just read below.
Pursuing her: (extras for the non-skimmers)

Dear house of God,

The Down Low...
During the last trip to the Tigre in Novemberish i got to thinking about my ol' friend, Racheal Rene’e Roberts. She's a sharp gal, got most of her teeth, and the same call on her life to the unreached as myself. It just made since. I called her up and asked her to fast with me starting Christmas night. After a few days of the Lord confirming His Will in unmistakable ways, He told us He wants to glorify Himself in a union between us, and i realized this was no ordinary week. After receiving the blessing of my folks and hers, i sent a her a letter through expreso postage and patiently waited 'til she received it. She called me before opening it and i read it to her over the phone last night. Thus, i proposed to the love of my life. We went from being siblings in Christ to lifelong companions almost overnight. What a ride! Please celebrate with us and give praise to our God! It sure goes to show, when the Lord says something, you best do it.
The big day is August 9th, 2008 at Snowbird. Be there!
Thanks, Queen Racheal!

As for Fausto, he's stuck in Ecuador trying to get raise support in order to come here. As you know, we don't go to the communities without partners, so i'm stuck in Pucallpa for a while also. Nevertheless, it appears the Lord will not let my hands be idle for long. I've been able to teach and work with the current training. May the Lord use me however He pleases!
PrayeRequests:
That God would glorify Himself in our marriage.
That i would stay focused on the task here in Peru 'til my term ends.
That's it.


Students in Training:

The Chicos
Henry-David -- Peru
Heber Saul -- Peru
Jaire -- Peru
Roderigo -- Peru
Andrew -- Missouri
Jeff -- Texas
Chris -- Texas
Cody -- Texas
Steven "Uncle Remis" -- South Carolina
Lorne "LJ" -- Florida
Belis Roderiguez --Peru
Deyvis Sauchez -- Peru
Jorge Limas -- Peru

The Chicas
Yoli -- Peru
Rosalinda -- Peru
Betina -- Peru
Isabet -- Peru
Katie -- South Carolina
Linzi -- Georgia
Christy -- USA
Nadia -- Quebec, Canada
Matilda Areralo -- Peru

Please be praying for each of them and write them encouraging letters! You can ask them about themselves, what they are learning, what they are growing in, what they are struggling with, and how you can pray for them. You can share the same information with them. Send letters to:
[recipient(s)'s name(s)]
Apartado 89
Pucallpa
PerĂș

Quotes of the Weeks:

Racheal's dad asked about me, "Does he have all his teeth?" -Randy Roberts

You bet your socks i do!
†il the whole world hears,
corey reid pendergrass

0 comments:

Post a Comment