Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy Winter Solstice

FYI, this year's winter solstice happened on December 22 at 6:08am.


The Spirit's touch: (essentials for the skimmers)

WWLMD? shirts are still selling. Getcha some of them apples!
Christmas was nice. I ate a lot.


My human words: (extras for the non-skimmers)

Dear brethren,
I wish there were words to describe how refreshing it was to spend a few hours with Bobby Lane. He passed through Pucallpa on his was to Lima and home to Pto. Maldonado. We didn't sleep that night. If you know my sleep habits, you know that is a miracle. I turn into a pumpkin about 9-9:30pm and there's no stopping it. The ball is over. But not that night, thanks to God.
Christmas was spent with fellow missionaries here in Pucallpa. We exchanged regalos (gifts) and even ate a big ol' turkey.

I want to personally thanks all of you who have given or pledged to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering which sends missionaries like myself overseas. May God bless those who support overseas Great-Commission-minded missions, no matter what mission organization!

I'll let you know that the Spring '08 Xtreme Training is just around the corner. Thank yall, who wrote letters of encouragement and sent training supplies to your brothers and sisters. Once again we're planning on having the biggest Xtreme Training ever. We expect no less than 25 students, mostly Latins or indigenous! The first wave will arrive with the new year. Please keep them in your prayers. Please don't hesitate to encourage them through letter writing. Please send supplies, if you can (see attached document for a list). I want to encourage yall to encourage these missionaries-in-training through you family, small group, Sunday school class, or entire church. A list of names is coming soon.


PrayeRequests:
Lisa Taylor, a fellow IMB missionary in Peru from my home church, Mt. Vernon, was abducted at gunpoint for several hours and robbed. Here is the story that appeared in the Watauga Democrat. Pray that she and her team would seek the Lord in handling their mission in the wake of this incident.
The quickly approching Xtreme Training.
The direction of the rest of my life is likely about to change at the Lord's command. I'm seeking His Will. May God be glorified. Time to pray.


Quotes of the Weeks:

I saw a sign beside the oil base that said "128 DAYS WITHOUT ACCIDENTS," and i thought about my current bowel complaint and told Jeff, "I wish i could say that."

"Go go eat something before you get too skinny and fall through your butt hole and hang yourself." -my sister, who else?


"No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
'Til He returns and calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ i'll stand."


Amor, 'ahab, amour, liebe, حالة حبّ, amore, влюбленность, liefde, φιλέω, kuyay, love,
†il the whole world hears,
corey reid pendergrass

0 comments:

Post a Comment