Thursday, June 1, 2006

Our First Week at FPO

As you probably already know, it is our first week at the Field Personnel Orientation (FPO) here at the Missionary Learning Center (MLC) in Rockville, VA (just outside of Richmond).
If you want to send me something, you may do so at:

corey reid pendergrass (Bobby Lane and Jon Marts also receive mail here)
Missionary Learning Center
16492 MLC Lane
Mail Box 8B
Rockville VA 23146
That is our temporary address until July 20th. If you want to send me something but don't know if it will make it in time or if you forget that address, just send it to my folks in Winston-Salem and they will forward it to me. They can forward things for you to me throughout my time in Peru.
corey reid pendergrass
1577 Attanook Rd
Winston-Salem NC 27106
Our blog website is not quite working yet. It should be unveiled within the next couple of weeks. To wet your appetite, i'll share a little about it. The name of it is TEOTE which stands for The End Of The Earth, taken from Acts 1:8. "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth [that's where we're going]." There we will be able to blog and post pictures. I'm hoping to be able to play video from it to but that might be tricky. Also, unlike my old blog, Xanga, you will be able to reply to my posts without a membership, and this blog will not have annoying advertisements and what not. I'm plumb excited!
Bobby and i met Jon Marts, the third Xtreme Teamer, who is living with us. He is from South Dakota. He has a willing personality and loves the outdoors. I like him. More on him later.
-->
I went for a walk today in the woods. I was going to just go down to the river a few hundred yards from the MLC houses. I decided to follow the river upstream and crossed a few fences. I walked about 5 miles in the woods and it got dark and lightning so i ran back through the woods another way. I found a huge lake and some farms. All this exploring really got me thinking about our future trekking on the XT. I got back to MLC after jumping over a few pasture fences and creeks and poison ivy thickets and dog lots. I've spent the evening really excited about what lies in the future. I took a shower, pull 7 ticks off my legs, face, and back, and found an article in the latest Commission magazine*. It was a 6 page spread on the Xtreme Team. How great is that! I though how different my life will be 2 months from now, sharing the Gospel while on these outings, but it really won't be too different. I will still have the same purpose as today, in a completely different setting: to glorify God.
PrayeRequests:
-Pray for the lost people groups we will find in Peru. They need Jesus! Pray their hearts would be prepared.
-For my VISA. I don't have much time and it's getting processed which is slow. I think it's in the mail somewhere.
-For Jon's Spanish. He doesn't know any.
-For our physical health to increase while in training. All that hiking and running in the woods got me tired.
-For God to glorify Himself through us: Bobby, Jon, and i.
Thanks for praying,
Love yall bros and sisses,
†il the whole world hears,
corey reid pendergrass
*The Commission magazine can be found online here. However, i couldn't find the Xtreme Team article online. I suggest going to a local Southern Baptist Church and picking up a copy. They usually have them in the lobbies for free.

0 comments:

Post a Comment