Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pray for Mo.

You wanna hear a cool story?
Mo, my watchman told me this morning that yesterday his 8-year-old niece went missing and the family searched all night and couldn't find her.  So, he came to me to ask if he could go look for her instead of working for me today.  "Uhhh... YEAH!"  So i told him to go quickly and find her.  As he was leaving my yard i told him to come back and pray with me first. (To give you some back-story, Mo has been quite opposed to discussing Jesus with me or reading the Bible, despite that his holy book tells him to do both.  Go figure.)  So, i prayed in the name of Jesus that God, Who finds lost people, would find this lost girl and bring her home safely and quickly.  Mo left and came back in about 5 minutes.  He told me that the family had just found the girl who had been taken in last night by a good Samaritan from a different rival tribe known for being lazy worthless people according to Mo's astute and hardworking tribe (The parallels to the story of the Good Samaritan are vast here.).  I told Mo, "Prayer works."  He shrugged his shoulders and walked away.  Please pray this would soften his heart to the message of Christ Who saves that which is lost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment