Monday, March 19, 2007

Letter from Alex, fellow Xtremer with Corey in English & semi-Spanish

Also, Corey included a letter that Alex, his partner who was mentioned above & is of the Yene Tribe wrote to Corey's readers. This is Corey's translation from Alex's Spanish:
Brother: Alex Sebastian Caleb
For those: To my brothers from the United States:
I have the pleasure of sending this letter to my brothers that are in the United States to request a big favor from y'all. Well, I'm from Perú, from the department of Cuzco, but I'm living in the community of , and I'm 17 years old. Well, my parents are also Christians. And, for that, I want to serve my Lord well. I received Christ as my only Savior at 11 years old, giving my life to my Lord. Well, I'm going to be in training for 3 months to learn many things such as how to be a missionary and how to follow Christ. I want to learn many things from the Bible and many activities to do with the brothers I'm going to visit after my training. Well, after my training I want to visit communities to carry the Word of God and to encourage the pastors that I will visit. Well, this is my plan, but Dios [God] is in charge. Well, for that I want y'all to pray for me. Well, that's all.
Salutations to all brothers of the United States. Well, I want y'all to send me a reply with Brother Kori [that's corey in Spanish/Quechua] please.
Alex Sebastian Caleb
*If you would like to reply to Alex or send letters to other fellow missionaries of kori's, send letters (under 2lbs. & in envelope) with international postage (you can buy standard international letter postage for 84 cents/letter via US Postal Service) to:
corey reid pendergrass/missionary's 1st name
APDO 111
Puerto Maldonado, Perú


Alex's letter in español (as best as Lena can understand his penmanship):
Hermano: Alex Sebastian Caleb
Para los:
Amis hermanos de estados unidos:-T
engo el gusto de mandar está carta a mis hermanos que estan en los estados unidos para pedirles un fabor grande.
-Bueno soy del Peru del de Partamento Cuzco pero yo estoy bibiendo en la communidad de ???? y tengo 11 anos. Bueno mis padres tambien son cristiano.
Y pore so yo tambien ??? ser bor a uni Senor beuno yo ?esihi a cristo couro en undio slavado alos 11 anos entrque to du un vida a uni senor.
-Bueno boy estar en el entrewaunien durante 3 meses paia a pruender muchos cosas cuevo ser misrone ro y causo seguir a Cristo y quiero a prender muchascosa del la bilia y mucho actividades para acertes jugar a hi herman que les bey abvistar despus de mentre memiento.
Bueno despues del mi entrene uniento quiero visitor a las communidades para llezsar la palabia de dios y animatralos a los pastores qui way a visitor.
Bueno a para eso quiero que oxen por uni bueno ese esto todo.
Salides a todos heramanos de los hestados????
Bueno quiero me manden la respuesta con el hermano Kori por favor
Alex Sebastian Caleb

0 comments:

Post a Comment