Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Feliz Año Nuevo

Faith, Hope, and Love: (essential things for the skimmers)
• You've got new siblings in Christ!
• I move out of the apartment, back to Carapungo, Thursday.
• I'll be way up north in Imbaburra next week.
• PrayeRequests are below.

Mortgages, Luxury SUVs, and 401(k)s: (extra things for the non-skimmers)
Dear yall,
Have you ever locked yourself out of your house or car? both? …three times? …in one week? If you never have, you should try it sometime. It's really liberating. (There's another word for it, but i'll spare you.)Foremost, i blame my parents (sarcastically). Outside of college, growing up, i've never owned a key to my house. Locking the house is just unnecessary if you leave in certain neighborhoods. I also blame the town of Andrews, where i lived last Spring, who's theft rate is so low, i didn't take my keys out of the ignition for 4 months. Here in Ecuador, if it isn't bolted down, it's gone within a few minutes. I have developed the habit of locking my car door as i get out, but not the habit of removing the keys from the ignition. I've become quite handy with a coat hanger as AAA doesn't come out this far. I'm not sure who invented doors that lock automatically on houses, but i feel Satan was behind it somehow. You can't take the trash out or receive your delivered pizza without taking the key with you! It's especially fun standing in the apartment hallway for 3 hours with nothing but a pair of gym shorts on. "Redunculous!" (As Maridith Wade says)Even though about 10 people told me they were coming to the Bible class on Saturday, no one showed up. We also had a baptism service on Sunday, but none of the 3 candidates for baptism came. That really put a damper on the weekend but not for long. Jose and i visited a home in Chimba, near Pesillo. The woman, who's name proved difficult to memorize, had some shoulder problems and we decided to anoint her with oil, James 5:14-15 style. Jose asked for my oil, and since i failed to bring the vegetable oil, i suggested using the oil in my motor. Wisely, he decided search their house instead. Finding a tiny bit in a small bottle, we put the woman in the center of a praying crowd. Jose began to pour the oil in his hands but i stopped him. I bent down and lifted up the woman's face. She opened her eyes and locked right into mine. I shouted above the 3 other men praying, "Do you have faith Jesus can heal you?" She nodded with tears pouring down. "Do you have faith that Jesus can also give you eternal life?" Again, she nodded, "Yes!" "The ask him for salvation! Confess your sins! Invite the Holy Spirit in your heart!" She prayed out loud and received her salvation wholeheartedly. I then motioned for Jose to proceed. In all the commotion, i saw a man who had been quietly standing to the side during the music and sermon we'd administered. Seeing his uneasiness on his face, a sign that the Spirit is at work, i approached him and asked him if he wanted to be saved? He affirmed so. I told him to also ask God for it, to confess his sins, and invite the Holy Spirit. He did so, as best i could tell. What a time! PTL!Oh yeah, happy new year!

PrayeRequests:
• Pray for these new believers to grow like wildfires!
• I have an appointment today at 4:30 about my shoulder. Hopefully i can workout an MRI asap.
• Pray i can get my work done in Ecuador and can organize a visit in Lima with Lorne James.
I love yall "this" much,
†il the whole world hears,
corey reid pendergrass

0 comments:

Post a Comment